Friday, November 23, 2007

Weather History - Nov. 24

Whooops! I almost forgot about the Blog today! Its the holidays. I think it might have been an overdose of Turkey Leftovers.... meaning I fell asleep. **Big thanks to Lauren for handling the blog Wednesday and Thursday while I was stuffing myself silly with Turkey and Dressing.

1909 - Rattlesnake Creek was deluged with 7.17 inches of rain in 24 hours to establish a record for the state of Idaho.

1943 - Northern New Hampshire was in the grips of a record snowstorm which left a total of 55 inches at Berlin, and 56 inches at Randolph. The 56 inch total at Randolph established a 24 hour snowfall record for the state. In Maine, Middle Dam received a record 35 inches of snow in 24 hours.

2004 - An outbreak of severe thunderstorms produced reports of 54 tornadoes across portions of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Alabama. In Texas's Hardin county, one person was killed with three injured when a tornado struck during the afternoon. (I worked this event in Meridian, Mississippi).

No comments: