Wednesday, October 10, 2007

If Spring has Sprung Does Fall Fall?

If we say "Spring has Sprung" would we say "Fall has Fallen?" Hello, I'm Meteorologist, Charles Daniel.

I don't think I have ever actually said, "Spring has Sprung," (I think mostly because it is bad grammar and a bit cliche').

But Fall has Fallen.. I know, I know. I said it. (Shaking my head in disgust).

The Cold Front that brought us rain on Tuesday is long gone, but a secondary Cold Front with a re-enforcement of dry and cooler air is on its way this evening. We actually still saw Highs in the mid 80's on Thursday (just like I said it would be), but those will be no more for a few days.

A clear night will allow the maximum radiational cooling to occur and I wouldn't be surprised to see several sites, namely Gadsden, Hamilton, and maybe even Cullman or Holly Pond to see the mid 40's overnight tonight. Brrrrr! I am a warm weather kinda guy. Really.

With plenty of sunshine to go around on Thursday and Friday I think we will warm up to the mid to maybe upper 70's. So its going to be quite a change from what we have had the last few weeks. The air-mass will be extremely dry as well so for those of you prone to sinus infections etc.. get out those humidifiers if you haven't already.

No comments: